On the 1st of each month I write short pieces about things important to executors (what to do when) and on the 15th about items an executor might find (what to do with) or ideas that may be helpful to others (what to do now). I work with clients throughout Toronto, York Region and the surrounding areas.
- Estate Administration in 500 Words … or Not – Part 4
- Estate Administration in 500 Words or So – Part 3
- Estate Administration in 500 Words or More – Part 2
- A Short Story – The Tea Caddy
- Estate Administration in 500 Words or Less
- Can I Wear My Grandfather’s War Medals?
- The Executor’s First Task – It May Not Be What You Think
- Carnival Glass – “Poor Man’s Tiffany”
- Distributions – Watch Your Language!
- Carte de Visites and Cabinet Cards
- health care
- tea caddy
- vintage photographs
Do It Yourself Execu… on Estate Administration in 500 W… Do It Yourself Execu… on Estate Administration in 500 W… Roseanna on Five Things Your Executor Wish… Lakisha on A Tree, a Bridge, and Two Dove… Anitra on Resolutions of a Different…
Category Archives: Beneficiary
As the executor it is your duty to comply with the wishes of the testator as written in the Will. It is therefore important that you understand what certain terms mean. The residue of the estate is “all the stuff … Continue reading
Most beneficiaries have a lot of questions – starting with “When will I get my inheritance?” and “What am I getting?” The executor does his or her best to answer this but is often knee-deep in administrative matters that must … Continue reading