On the 1st of each month I write short pieces about things important to executors (what to do when) and on the 15th about items an executor might find (what to do with) or ideas that may be helpful to others (what to do now). I work with clients throughout Toronto, York Region and the surrounding areas.
- Estate Administration in 500 Words … or Not – Part 4
- Estate Administration in 500 Words or So – Part 3
- Estate Administration in 500 Words or More – Part 2
- A Short Story – The Tea Caddy
- Estate Administration in 500 Words or Less
- Can I Wear My Grandfather’s War Medals?
- The Executor’s First Task – It May Not Be What You Think
- Carnival Glass – “Poor Man’s Tiffany”
- Distributions – Watch Your Language!
- Carte de Visites and Cabinet Cards
- health care
- tea caddy
- vintage photographs
Roseanna on Five Things Your Executor Wish… Lakisha on A Tree, a Bridge, and Two Dove… Anitra on Resolutions of a Different… Choose Your Executor… on Five Things Your Executor Wish… Don Shaughnessy on Five Things Your Executor Wish…
Tag Archives: beneficiaries
Occasionally, an executor will find an envelope with the Will. What may be inside is what is often referred to as a “Letter of Wishes” (other names include “Memorandum to the Trustee” or “Memorandum to a Will”). Inside are the … Continue reading
You know the expression – “hurry up and wait”. You do everything in your power to get to a certain point and then you find that you can go no further until something outside your control happens. As the executor … Continue reading
Yes, like the top of the form above says, you have to ask for one and the piece of paper that you receive (Form TX21) is not that impressive-looking considering how important it is. But what exactly is a Clearance … Continue reading